Tiếp tục series Từ vựng ăn điểm cho Kỹ năng Writing, IELTS Trang Nguyễn tiếp tục gửi đến bạn 10 Từ Vựng Band 8.0 Writing Task 2 “chất hơn nước cất” sau đây:
- to generate (tạo ra) = to produce or create something.
Ex: Every company tried their best in order to generate profits.
- to maximise (tối đa hoá) = to increase something, such as profits, as much as possible.
Ex: We can maximise our chances of passing IELTS by studying as much as possible.
- enterprises, companies, businesses, corporations and firms: công ty, doanh nghiệp.
Ex: In the business world, there are many enterprises that an individual can undertake in order to advance, prosper and attain wealth.
- degradation (sự huỷ hoại) = a process in which something becomes worse or is damaged.
Ex: Industrial firms should take responsibility for environmental degradation in local areas.
- priority (tiên quyết, ưu tiên) = something which you think is more important than other things and should therefore receive attention first.
Ex: So, for companies, making money is the priority is the most important thing.
- stemming from (bắt nguồn từ) = this means to be the result of something.
Ex: Global warming stems from [or is the result of] factory emissions.
- to discharge (xả (rác) ra sông ngòi) = to make something go into the sea or a river.
Ex: The soapy water from the washing machine will discharge directly into the waste line.
- philanthropic actions (hoạt động từ thiện, nhân đạo) = are actions that help poor people, especially by giving them money.
Ex: Many celebrities have set a good example for public by actively taking part in philanthropic actions.
- charitable donations (quyên góp từ thiện) = money given to organizations which help poor people or people in need of help.
Ex: Charitable donations have helped millions of poor and homeless children have a chance to go to school and have a better future.
- fundamental principles (nguyên tắc căn bản)
Ex: Making profit is one of the most vital fundamental principles of most firms.